Directory




Sunday, February 7, 2010

This Week's Finds

A very busy week. So much so that I am delivering this Find late; even though it says Sunday, I'm typing the rest of this post on the following Wednesday.

Legacy of Ashes: History of the CIA by Tim Weiner
I saw this months ago at a bookstore, and the topic intrigued me. I later found a copy at the library's inventory; and then I found a donated version with a cracked spine. Now it's mine.


The Reader by Berna Schlink
This book caught my eye at the library months ago, and when I saw a paperback in the donation bin, I took the opportunity to snatch it.



Wicked by Gregory Maguire
This book is very popular, and our library has about three copies (one with a spine label that says MAQUIRE), and yet I haven't read it. No matter, now I have a version with pictures from the Broadway show inside!


This past week has shown a few things that are painfully obvious anyway: I love to read and collect books, and my room is rapidly running short of space for such a love. One option to remedy this is to purge my stacks of only the Best of the Best I want to keep for myself, and donate and/or sell the surplus.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment