Directory




Saturday, March 27, 2010

This Week's Finds

Last week was a slow week for finding books...of my interests. Amid the  piles of mystery/romance paperbacks we received, I only found one:


Don't Let's Go to the Dogs Tonight: An African Childhood
One woman's story of her childhood in Africa during the Rhodesian War in the 70s. I've heard it is a very good book.

----

Now, this week was slow as well--until this morning. I woke up early, walked around town an hour before work, and came in to find more piles of books, in which I found these:

The Book of Bunny Suicides
Return of the Bunny Suicides
Two very funny (and still somewhat disturbing) books about bunnies coming to an end on purpose. You laugh and feel bad for laughing; but laughter is the best medicine (and sometimes we just need to feed out sadistic side).

Walden (Concord Library)
Walden by Henry David Thoreau
One of my favorite poets from high school, as soon as I saw this, I knew I had to add it to my collection. It describes Thoreau's experiment in living from 1845-47.

The Catcher in the Rye
Franny and Zooey


Even before his death, I liked his work and wanted to own copies of them. I have never come across of F and Z, so this might be my one opportunity for a while.

I'm trying something new with adding covers with links to Amazon for people interested in buying a copy for themselves. I'll add specific covers for anything unique I find.

(I'm also realizing once again how little room I have now, and I haven't even moved into a college-dorm yet...)

No comments:

Post a Comment