Directory




Thursday, January 27, 2011

Late Night Activity

Coming into college, I knew that everyone would have their own schedules and habits during the night, but you never truly understand it until you witness it.

For example, some people (like me) stay awake super late on certain nights since the next day they don't have classes early (or at all). It works for me, as long as I don't interfere with my roommate's schedule--which I don't.

On my way to brushing my teeth, at 2 a.m., I noticed people on my floor still walking around, hanging in each other's rooms, watching TV, and just generally being awake. If there were no windows and clocks, I would have no way of telling what time of day / night it was--except for maybe the lack of dubstep being blasted.

There is a certain flexibility in college that (should) help(s) prepare young adults to realize that outside of high school, there is a certain lack of rigid schedule. Not everyone will go to work a 9-5 job or keep "regular hours." There will always be another side of society that craves the night and goes about their evenings as someone may go about their mornings. 

Once and a while I am one of these "night owls;" I am suddenly productive, inspired, and awake at odd times late at night. Sometimes I get stuff done. Other times I just get sucked into Texts From Last Night, Facebook, Tumblr, Funny Junk, or a plethora of other websites. And some nights, I just relax, type up a blog, and listen to music.

Tonight, that music is brought to me by WWU's student-run radio station, KUGS--and one of my floormates with a superb taste in music.

No comments:

Post a Comment