Directory




Sunday, January 17, 2010

This Week's Finds

Well, no Bradbury books this week at the library, and I even went to Goodwill and Value Village! I guess I can only fine-tooth-comb thrift stores so often. I find it bittersweet though, it means people who own Bradbury books are keeping them.

We got a huge load of paperbacks though, so many we'll have more mysteries in circulation by next week.

I did find these two interesting books though:


Great Tales of Action and Adventure - Edited by George Bennett

Lots of good authors in this one, such as Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Jack London, and Edgar Allan Poe. Can't find a publication date either. I'm thinking late 40s, early 50s?

Note: Actually found it was published late 70s.

-----------

The ABC of Cocktails
Though this is a pretty interesting find, especially when I know how to make an Alexander now:

"* 2 parts Gin
* 1 part Creme de Cacao
* 1 part Sweet Cream

Shake with ice, and strain into cocktail glass. The amount of Gin may be doubled to make the drink less sweet." -page 6

No comments:

Post a Comment