Directory




Saturday, January 23, 2010

This Week's Finds

Even though my work week at the library was short due to MLK Day, I was still able to pick up some great finds!

Last Saturday someone donated an unopened copy of Ocean's Eleven (the 2001 version, not the 60s version). I left it in the Donations Bin, with a note saying if the library doesn't take it, I would. I'm not gonna post a picture, because you can find it anywhere, and have probably seen it.

When I came back to work later in the week, there was a lot of new donations, and these two books staring right up at me:



A giant book of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Homles stories. I have never read one of them, but now that I have this, with original illustrations by Sidney Paget, I most definitely will.



------------------



Hardcover copy of the classic by Richard Adams, Watership Down. I've already read this, but keeping a hearty, hardcover won't hurt when I want to reread it.


I'm really gonna have to clean out my room of books. There's a lot on my shelves and in a box that I haven't even looked at. Might just save that for Spring Cleaning. At the moment I'm enjoying the rainy weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment